- Launch into STEM Fun https://www.paec.org/LaunchIntoSTEMFun/ is designed to will serve students who are current 4th – 11th graders, but frankly, we’ll serve all who are interested in joining the learning and fun.
- As long as students have internet access, they may join in the online fun from anywhere.
- Students will go to the website identified in the flyer to create an account (minimal information collected) and register for sessions. They may do so as soon as they receive the flyer.
- Each learning session will last 45 – 60 minutes and registration links for all of the 100- plus sessions are ready to go. Students select sessions and there is no set number they need to register for.
- We have a phenomenal team of teachers, scientists, and STEM professionals on board and there are sessions for everyone including hands-on “do at home” STEM, coding, IT applications, and over the top wonderful STEM career presentations that adults will also enjoy!
- Session information will include session title, grade level, description, and necessary materials and on the respective registration sites, there are different search features.
- Presentations will be live and monitored by a teacher who is serving as a room host.
- We are using GoToWebinar because protection of student identity is extremely important to us. Student names, faces, nor the chat will be visible to the entire audience. Session attendees are labeled as Attendee One, etc.
- The only sessions that will require a purchase require an Arduino kit that may be purchased from Amazon for $27.99 and it will be used during multiple sessions.